– I’m feeling sort of down (or at least I was until the three cups of strong tea and pile of cookies). Part of it is Merlin and the rest is just sort of the general angst that you get when you can’t quite see your way out of your current not-so-happy situation but you know it’s in large part because you’re not trying hard enough. Which in turn is because you sit in front of the computer blogging and browsing and eating cookies and feeling sorry for yourself for squandering all those great opportunities you had before that didn’t seem so great at the time. Oh wells.
– I fell a little behind for February Letter Month. I was ahead and then I didn’t send anything out for days. I’ll probably still be sending Miaoling Trading Cards out in March. The peeps who received Miao Mail at the beginning of the month may have been shortchanged because at that time I had a meager supply of Miaoling Trading Cards. After I received replenishments from snapfish, I became more generous. I would also like to apologize to the individual who received a seriously sprocketted Sprocket Trading Card. Or maybe I should let Sprocket sprocket more Trading Cards to make them more collectible. If any peeps still want to join in and receive some Miao Mail, just email us at miaochronicles [at] gmail [dot] com. Please indicate whether you would like extra toof-marks.
– Kemi has been even more affectionate than usual these last few days, following me around and purring and giving me bear hugs and even back massages. Thank you, Bear.
– I am seriously enjoying THE EYRE AFFAIR by Jasper Fforde. Thank you to the handsome cowkitty who suggested I read it next.
– My addiction to buying used books isn’t quite under control yet. I bought a few books this week… but they were all necessary for my Miao Library – a Terry Pratchett and the next two Little Bo (kittens!) books. Plus, the libretto to Sweeney Todd (maybe not so kitten-friendly). Oh, and there were two (or possibly three?) recommendations from peeps that I absolutely had to get. How much does that add up to? Next week I will do better.
– My book purchases aren’t always selfish. My Miaolings got this as a surprise for for someone, but they can’t tell who because it is, obviously, intended as a surprise. It is volume 2 of the four-volume mangafied version of Howl’s Moving Castle based on the Hayao Miyazaki film and published by Studio Ghibli. I think if you can only have one volume, volume 2 is the volume to have.