I am going to try to post about food EVERY SINGLE DAY this month, so be warned. With the post-scheduling function I can be enjoying my vacation in Fox Town goofing around with my brother and his foxkittens while my blog does all the hard work.
Here is what to expect:
– My favorite recipes, complete with bad photos
– My favorite cookbooks, modeled by Miaos
– Some odd questions people have asked me about being vegan
– Discussion of my experience as a vegan in China
– My favorite food products, including chocolate and coffee and tea!
– A furry Miao in every post!
I thought about including guide to vegan-friendly restaurants in Miao Town, but since it would have all of three entries, it is not likely worth the effort. Five years ago, it would have had one entry. Ten years ago, none. I suppose this constitutes progress.
And here to fulfill my promise to include a furry Miao in every post, I present a Kingly Banquet for all to enjoy.
A vegetarian feast! circa 1996, China
The brownish stuff in the dish is a tofu (or maybe wheat gluten?) product that we called mock chicken. It is similar to the canned mock duck available in most Asian groceries but seasoned differently. I have not had it since I was 12.