Sprocket is at the vet right now waiting for a couple more stitches. They said that the two ends of the incision have continued to heal, but there is still a small spot in the middle (where his little bone touches) that hasn’t healed yet. At least there is no sign that it has grown to the bone again. No sign of infection. I could tell just by looking that it wasn’t fully healed, so I’m not surprised that they are requiring one more week of doughnut collar and confinement.
I’m going to talk to them more about what I can do to make the healing complete this time. I don’t honestly think that keeping him isolated from Chun really makes a difference because he manages to jump and play even when there is no one and nothing to jump and play with. But I’m afraid that isolation will still be necessary. I still don’t think they’ll recommend keeping him confined to his kitty carrier. It’s so small, there is no room for a litter box. If I kept him in a larger kennel, he would climb the bars.